Significant Investor Subclass 188 Visa
This visa requires a significant investment of at least $5 million in Australia. The visa is valid for 4 years. After 4 years the visa does transition to permanent residency.
What you need to know:
- Requires significant investment of $5m.
- There is no English requirement.
- Visa does result in permanent residency after 4 years.
- No age limit for this visa and no point requirements.
What are the requirements for this visa?
- The applicant has been nominated by a state or territory government
- No points test for this visa
- There is not age limit for the visa.
- The visa holder must invest $5m in Australia.
What are the steps to apply for this visa and how does it transition to permanent residency?
- Be nominated by a state or territory government
- Invitation to apply through SkillSelect
- An investment of $5million into a ‘complying investment’
What are complying investments?
Complying Investments include the following:
- Direct investment into private Australian companies not listed on an AustraliaStock Exchange
- Commonwealth, state or territory government bonds
Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in Australia which include:
- bonds or term deposits issued by Australian financial institutions
- infrastructure projects in Australia
- cash held by Australian deposit-taking institutions
- bonds issued by the Australian Government or a State or Territory government
- bonds, equity, hybrids or other corporate debt in Australian companies and trusts listed on any Australian stock exchange
- real property in Australia
- Australian agribusiness
- annuities issued by an Australian registered life company
NEED HELP WITH A SIGNIFICANT INVESTOR SUBCLASS 188 VISA?
We can help you get there. Get in touch.