5-year parent visa for parents of Australian Residents.
Applications for the visa will open on 1st July 2019
This is a new temporary sponsorship visa which aims to provide a pathway to reunite parents with their children/ grandchildren for a longer duration than a visitor visa.
1. The sponsor must:
– Be an Australian citizen OR
– Be an Australian Permanent Resident OR
– Be an eligible New Zealand citizen
2. The parent must:
– Be a biological parent OR
– Be an adoptive parent OR
– Be a step-parent of the sponsor
This visa valid for either 3 years or 5 years.
3 years: $5000
5 years: $10,000
VISA PROCESSING TIME:
Approx. 3 months
ABOUT THE VISA
– This visa lets you (the parents) visit Australia for up to 3 or 5 years.
– Lets you (the parent) visit Australia for a maximum period of 10 years
– Gives you (the parent) NO work rights
– 2 step procedure (step 1: application for sponsorship – step 2: application for a visa)
– Fully online application
The visa application is a 2 step process:
Step 1: Apply for sponsorship
First, you must apply to be sponsored by the eligible relative (biological child, adoptive child, step-child) living in Australia
Step 2: Apply for the visa application
The second step is to lodge the actual visa application.
Stay tuned for more information about this visa!
Our MARA registered immigration agents understand how stressful the migration process can be. Unlike most other migration law firms, our lawyer actually explains every step of the process in a no-jargon manner. In addition to this, we provide constant on-call support. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a Free Assessment and advice on your options for migrating to Australia.
We are always happy to help! 🙂
NOTE: The information provided in this blog cannot be construed as “legal advice”. You should not act based on the information provided here without consulting a registered MARA agent. Migration law is complex and changes very frequently, while we ensure our content is accurate, we can not vouch for how concurrent it is. To clarify any of your doubts call us on +61 2 8815 8135